1password browser extensions not matching logins to current website

Options
Godjira
Godjira
Community Member
edited August 2020 in Mac

I've recently switched back to 1password from Bitwarden, because of the extra functionalities and (in the near future) to upgrade to a Family subscription. Now, however, I'm facing an issue I cannot seem to get resolved.

The 1password browser extensions are not matching the current website to a login. Meaning, if I'm on a login page of a website, 1password is not showing the login that should be used for that website. This used to work fine...

I have a total of 3 vaults and all of them are selected in both the 1password app itself and in the browser extensions. If I manually search and use autofill, it works, but I really want the "matching" feature to work again, as that makes life so much better.

I've rebooted, I've reinstalled the Chrome browser extension (the one for Safari is embedded in 1password itself). I've tried changing the websites in my items slightly to see if matches would work then, no luck. I don't know what else I can do to fix this. The options of 1password don't mention specific settings for website matching.

1Password Version: 7.6 (70600006)
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.15.6
Sync Type: 1password.eu

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Godjira,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty. In 1Password > Preferences > Mini could you please make sure 1Password is set to open to 'suggestions'?

Ben

• Godjira
    Godjira
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben,

Thanks for the reply. I've looked up the setting and changed it to Suggestions.
    That indeed solves it, I now get the suggested (correct) login items for the websites I visit.

Cheers!

Dennis

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Ben, you are welcome @Godjira! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.