Old version deletion.

Options
Laureid
Laureid
Community Member

I have purchased a licence for 1Password7. Can I now delete 1Password6 to save space and confusion?

1Password Version: 6 and 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have purchased a licence for 1Password7. Can I now delete 1Password6 to save space and confusion?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Laureid

Yes, please do. Only one version of 1Password should be installed at a time. Thanks! :)

Ben

• Laureid
    Laureid
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick response, Ben. I'm enjoying using 1Password7 and gradually getting up to speed. Re the deletion of Ver 6, is it OK if I use 'Clean My Mac' or 'AppDelete' to uninstall thoroughly? Either of these apps will identify all the component files and allow me to delete everything appropriately. I just want to ensure that I'm not deleting the main database or any parts of 1Password7.
    Any advice welcome. Thanks again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Laureid:

Re the deletion of Ver 6, is it OK if I use 'Clean My Mac' or 'AppDelete' to uninstall thoroughly?

1Password 6 and 1Password 7 store data in different locations, but we do not recommend using these tools, because there is a risk they will delete your actual data. If you would like to try that anyway, I at least recommend making a backup or your device and of your 1Password data before you proceed.

This discussion has been closed.