Two step logins - how to update login process

Philipp
Philipp
Community Member

Hi,
more and more websites have a two step login and some use three (instead of two) login fields. I have here one login it's not working anymore. With the first step there is no full fill and with the 2nd step 1Password full fill only one field.

With the old 1Password (what was before 7? maybe 5 or 4? I think there was no 6, right?) I saw 2 details fields and below I had the possibility to open more details and there I saw the 3rd field.

With 1Password 7 it is much more complicate to see the 3rd field. Now I have to click the edit button, then I could open form details and I have to copy it from there. And then I have to click the cancel button for not changing something.

I tried to reset this login by clicking 1Password Mini and "new login", but there is no interaction from 1Password.

How can I make such logins "great again" :chuffed: for me?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Philipp!

What website is this happening with? Can you share a URL so we can test it?

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana
    That's the URL: https://www.banking.co.at/banking/login.xhtml?m=44&f=1&quick=sparkonto&keepsession=true
    But it was transformed in the last months.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2020

@Philipp:

Thank you! I tested that website and I confirm that I was not able to fill credentials there either. I will open an internal issue so our developers can look at this, and see if there is anything we can do :+1:

Thank you again for the report!

ref: dev/core/core#2423

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Philipp:

I wanted to send you an update to let you know that our developers have had the chance to look at this website recently, and they have made a change that should help 1Password fill here too. Although you will not see the 1Password inline menu appearing below the form fields because of the way the website is setup, filling credentials now works there :+1:

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

Thanks for your feedback @ag_ana
    I'll try it out.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @Philipp! Let us know what you find out :)

This discussion has been closed.