Unable to Sign In on iPhone Following Master Password Change

Oxon
Oxon
Community Member

I have successfully changed the master password on my.1password.com. account.

I can sign in to the 1P apps on my iMac and iPad using the new password, but not on my iPhone 7, where it says "Try Again". I have tried again many times but without success. Is there a way to resolve this?

Thanks

Ken

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Does the old password work on the iPhone?

If so, use that once and then try the new one.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Oxon!

In addition to what danco suggested, do you have an old Primary vault on this iPhone? This would explain the behavior you are seeing.

• Oxon
    Oxon
    Community Member

Thank you both. I did try using the old password a couple of times on the iPhone and it didn't work BUT it now does (must have been typos)! However, it still won't accept the new password. A record that I changed on the iMac ihas updated on the iPhone, so it is syncing.

I have found a pre-version 7 1P app on the iMac, so this must be causing the problem. Would it be safe just to uninstall it do you think?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Oxon:

Thank you for the update!

I have found a pre-version 7 1P app on the iMac, so this must be causing the problem. Would it be safe just to uninstall it do you think?

The configuration of 1Password for Mac would not have anything to do with this, so I don't think that's the problem. I still think the problem might be that you have an old Primary vault on your phone. Can you please confirm if that's the case?

The reason I ask is because the way 1Password unlocks is:

• If a Primary vault exists, then it unlocks using the Master Password for that vault, regardless of what, if any, memberships are signed in
    • If a single 1Password membership is signed in, then it unlocks using the Master Password for that membership account
    • If multiple memberships are signed in, then it unlocks using the Master Password of the first added membership
  • Oxon
    Oxon
    Community Member

You are absolutely correct. I've never noticed the Primary vault lurking at the bottom.

• Thanks @Oxon. We'd recommend removing that. Instructions can be found here:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

Ben

• Oxon
    Oxon
    Community Member

Brilliant! All fixed. Thanks everyone.

• On behalf of everyone involved, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.