Personal stylesheet for Markdown in notes?

Options
EllenH
EllenH
Community Member

It is great to be able to use Markdown in notes. However, I would like to be able to tweak the stylesheet used.

Is there any way to access it or create one that will be used instead of the default one?

This is possible in other apps, so I suppose it should theoretically be possible in 1P.

EllenH

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mojave 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @EllenH!

There is currently no way to create additional stylesheets for secure notes. I am also not aware of a way to edit the existing one, but I will ask the team internally if someone has any experience with this :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@EllenH:

It is currently not possible to edit the existing stylesheet I am afraid, sorry!

• EllenH
    EllenH
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana

Thanks for looking into it. It would be nice if this feature was added one of these days, although I understand that it might not interest that many users. And, what do I know, it may be a bad idea security-wise.

Anyway, I think I may have found a workaround for at least a part of my little (very little) problem.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @EllenH. I'm glad to hear you've found a workaround. I will suggest to the development team that we consider adding this option for the future, though I couldn't make any promises beyond that. :)

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@EllenH: Also, you're actually on the right track in your comment about security. We support the Markdown spec, but only a subset of it, specifically because any time you're taking input and processing it there's a potential for unexpected interactions, which can lead to security issues, as we often see with software vulnerabilities. So if and when we do make further changes in this area, it will be only with careful development and testing, and review by the security team and external auditors. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.