[Feature Request] Autolock 1Password immediately when window is out of Focus or in the background

Options
davidkohcw
davidkohcw
Community Member
edited August 2020 in Mac

Hi!

I would like the ability to lock down my vault immediately whenever the screen is out of focused or in the background (such as switching to a different application). I've been using Bitwarden previously and I found this feature extremely useful! It's basically an extra level of security in-case you forgot to lock your computer or while letting someone use the computer for a while.

Warmest regards,
David

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @davidkohcw! Welcome to the forum!

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to to share this feedback! We appreciate every idea that could make 1Password even better.

I can see how this could be useful to you, so while I cannot make any promises, I can tell you that I have shared your feedback internally :)

Once again, thank you and have a wonderful day!

• davidkohcw
    davidkohcw
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana. Thanks for taking the time to reply me and sharing the feedback with the team :) Appreciate it!

• davidkohcw
    davidkohcw
    Community Member
    Options

and I would also like to point out that with this feature, the convenience is that instead of thinking "Did i remember to lock my vault?" it becomes "I know my vault is locked as its not the active window"... which to me is one less thing to worry about.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @davidkohcw :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.