Project Handovers - Sharing passwords with a client

seashore
seashore
Community Member
edited August 2020 in Business and Teams

When I finish building a website I need to share a number of different login credentials with the client. Is there a way I can do this with my personal 1Password subscription? Doesn't make sense for me to pay per user when my "users" are people I share information with once and not on an ongoing basis. Just wondering if I have any options with 1Password before purchasing LastPass. Also on a side note is there any 1Password integration with WordPress? Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: OS X 10.15.6
Sync Type: don't know

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @seashore! Welcome to the forum!

We will be happy to help you with this. I noticed that you also sent us an email with the same questions. So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: BWK-23248-114

• seashore
    seashore
    Community Member
    edited August 2020

Trying to figure out if a family plan or business plan is what I need - or perhaps something else altogether. I love 1Password for my personal password management across devices. However, for my business, I need a way to securely send login credentials to clients. With a family plan I guess you get 5 vaults you can share, but I don't want to share a vault with someone and have them think they can access it again 1 week/month/year later and still have their passwords stored for them there. I simply need a way to one-off send login credentials, kind of like when you send an email the information is transmitted and you no longer have the responsibility of hosting it or retrieving it for someone. Can I use 1Password in this fashion? Oh...and also...can I use 1Password as a way to give a client the way to send passwords to me instead of the other way around? Sometimes clients need to send me passwords too. Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.6
    Extension Version: N/A
    OS Version: 10.15.6
    Sync Type: I don't know

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@seashore:

I see that my colleague Carina replied to your email already, and that you sent this last questions to her too. To avoid duplicating discussions, I will let you continue the conversation via email :+1:

We are happy to help wherever you prefer, but I would like to kindly ask you to choose one support channel and stick with it. Asking the same questions in multiple places slows down support times for everyone (including for you), because we have to follow up in multiple places. So since you have the conversation going via email in this case, let's continue over there.

Thank you for your collaboration!

• seashore
    seashore
    Community Member
    edited August 2020

Please, I received an email with some information but I don't have all my questions answered and I prefer to move over here for discussion. But if you are somehow marking me so no one will see my question and respond please let me know. Pease do not block me.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@seashore:

No worries, you are not blocked here ;) I see that my colleagues sent another email to you addressing all your questions. Please let us know if that answers all the questions you have, otherwise we will be happy to continue helping :+1:

This discussion has been closed.