Signed into stable and beta extensions at the same time?

Hello!

Is it possible to be signed in to both 1Password X stable and beta at the same time?

We deployed the 1Password X Chrome extension to all of our users via G Suite-managed browsers but let's say a user would like to install 1Password X Beta (E.g. for macOS desktop integration, it won't allow them to login to the beta extension if the the stable extension is installed as it defaults to the stable extension when signing in. The stable extension also cannot be removed as it is managed by the IT Administrators.

Is there a way to do one of the following?

1. Sign into 1Password X Beta and not 1Password X stable (leaving it hidden from the extension bar)
  2. Sign into both 1Password X stable and beta (and hiding stable from the extension bar)

Removing the deployed 1Password X extension from G Suite is also not currently an option as it will actually uninstall the extension for everyone rather than just removing the deletion lock. Not much we can do about that, that's on Google's end.

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.21.2
OS Version: OSX 10.15.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @bend ,

It is possible to have both extensions enabled in the browser. When you want to unlock the beta, click the beta's icon on the top right corner of the browser and unlock it. The stable version will remain locked and won't interrupt.

You can also be signed in to both extensions simultaneously, but that might cause duplicate autofilling suggestions popups in fields. So my suggestion would be to have both extensions installed, but keep the stable version locked (and its icon hidden if possible). That should work well for most things.

• bend
    bend
    Community Member

Hey @ag_yaron, when I tried that initially it kept opening up the stable extension, but now that I try it again it does appear to work.
    I am signed into the beta extension just fine now.

Thanks!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Glad things are working properly now :+1:

This discussion has been closed.