Need help accessing my passwords

Options
lizb
lizb
Community Member

My Mac crashed yesterday and am rebuilding today. Apple said malware attack and to add new apps etc very very slowly. I need access to my passwords in a CSV file. I was using 1Password but don't want to add it back to Mac yet. I have the iPhone app working and accessible. I have the sync files accessible on dropbox. Is there a way to get a CSV file exported from either one of those options? I have 706 items in the app on the phone. I can't figure out how to get a CSV file from either the phone or the files in Dropbox.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Catalina 10.15.6
Sync Type: Dropbox through iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:export csv file from agile bits file

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lizb! Welcome to the forum!

Exporting to CSV is only possible from the 1Password for Mac desktop app, so you would have had to do this before rebuilding your Mac. I wonder however why you are not simply reinstalling the 1Password for Mac app directly? If all your data is in Dropbox, you can just sync your 1Password app to have your data available to you, without requiring a CSV file.

• lizb
    lizb
    Community Member
    Options

I don't want to add 1Password back yet. I have suspicions that there was a problem with the Safari extension for it and it compounded my issues with my computer. I may just have to do it though in order to get the file and then uninstall it again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lizb:

Understood. Let us know how it goes, and if there is anything we can do to help :+1:

This discussion has been closed.