Disable chrome payment methods override

Options
2»

Comments

• Hey @BeachNYC:

It sounds like the 1Password icon may not be pinned in your browser's toolbar. If you're using Chrome, click the puzzle piece in Chrome's toolbar, then click the pin icon next to 1Password:

Let me know if that helps, or if you're still running into issues.

Jack

• BeachNYC
    BeachNYC
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jack.Platten!

DONE! Perfect! Thank you!

• Goldfinger
    Goldfinger
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Jack @jack.platten, I had just screenshotted the same suggestion!
    @BeachNYC I'm glad it worked for you. The workaround wasnt actually mine - kudos go to others here, but its working fairly well. The Password manager is otherwise excellent. That issue is one of the first things that I didnt like in 7 years.
    IMHO Credit/debit cards should be stored in 1P, but not name/address autofills. :)

• @BeachNYC

Thank you for trying 1Password. I appreciate your valuable feedback, and this is what we need to keep improving.

If you don't see the 1Password extension logo inside the toolbar area after the installation. Here are the steps to pin it to the toolbar:
    1. Click the puzzle icon on the top-right corner beside your profile logo.
    1. Find 1Password - Password Manager.
    1. Click the pin button on the right side.

• BeachNYC
    BeachNYC
    Community Member
    Options

@kevin.li Thank you! Now that I successfully have Chrome furnishing payment information, I can focus on 1Password. My greatest frustration right now is how often it insists on asking for my Master Password or my PIN. Not sure when it asks for the former and when for the latter, but the requests are incessant, and way more than someone like myself needs. I'll be reading to figure out how to handle this. And again, thanks so much for taking the time to help me with the extension.

• Hey @BeachNYC:

Glad to hear Kevin was able to get you sorted out! :chuffed:

Since it sounds like 1Password in your browser is integrated with a 1Password desktop app, this would explain the behavior. When the 1Password desktop app is first launched, either after being closed, or restarting your computer or similar, using your account password is necessary to unlock 1Password. After unlocking 1Password at least one time, Windows Hello unlock is available.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.