1Password icon is blue in Safari Big Sur

Options
Lazarus Long
Lazarus Long
Community Member

Running the latest Big Sur beta. The 1Password icon in Safari is blue. How can I get it to be black or grey?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Lazarus Long

This isn't customizable at present, but thank you for letting us know of your preference. I'll let the team know that the desire to be able to select the colorway for the icon is out there.

Ben

• Ben
    Options

@Lazarus Long

I spoke with development about this and they indicated that it isn't actually 1Password that has changed the icon to blue. Apparently Safari turns extension icons blue on Big Sur when they require you click on them to accept the permissions they request. If you click on the icon and accept the permissions does the blueness of the icon go away? Our understanding is that is how it is supposed to work. Please let me know.

Ben

• Lazarus Long
    Lazarus Long
    Community Member
    Options

Ben,

Clicking on the blue 1Password icon just launches 1Password, I am not prompted to accept permissions.

• rudy
    Options

@Lazarus Long,

Thanks, I've gone back to re-view the WWDC session that talks about the extensions improvements in Big Sur. The blueness of the icon means that the extension is loaded and active in the currently viewed page. This isn't configurable.

This discussion has been closed.