Teams user cannot log into their vault with 2FA on. They must disable first. Android user.

devongabriel
devongabriel
Community Member
edited August 2020 in Android

Good morning. We had a teammate that had to disable their 2FA to correlate their acct back with their device upon redownload of the app. I am unfamiliar with this issue and unable to track via support forum. Hoping someone has more info!

Thanks for your assistance!

Devon

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:unable to log into acct with 2fa on, android

Comments

• Hi @devongabriel. Sorry to hear about this. We'd be happy to discuss this with you or your teammate. Do you happen to know what error they were seeing?

• devongabriel
    devongabriel
    Community Member

Hi Peri,

Thank you for your reply. No worries, this is out of curiosity mostly, the user has been able to re-connect their acct.

They received an error message, something along the lines of "can't log in" or "failed to log in". They cleared their data and cache, turned off 2FA in the web browser and then was able to sign back in. They came across this error when trying to resync their dropbox acct for their personal acct, upon deleting local data, they encountered this error when re-connecting their team/work acct to the app, as well.

Thanks again for your assistance in this!

• @devongabriel There are a few things that can cause sign in to fail. For instance, if the entered Secret Key, Master Password, email address, or sign-in address are incorrect, you'd see this message. A problem with the network connection, antivirus, or VPN software could also cause this. And an incorrect TOTP or failed MFA attempt could also cause the error. I'm afraid I can't say exactly why your teammate saw this without a bit more information. However, I'm glad to hear that they were able to sign in after all. If you or anyone else experiences this again, please reach out to us over email so we can look into what's causing it.

• devongabriel
    devongabriel
    Community Member

Hi Peri,

Thanks for the reply. I will keep that in mind and forward this info over.

Appreciate the help!

Devon

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of peri, you are welcome @devongabriel! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.