Browser extension opening multiple panels

danywu
danywu
Community Member
edited August 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

I'm relatively new to 1Password, having recently decided to give it a try when a now-ex-colleague started working there. I am running Edge Chromium on Windows 10. I noticed not too long ago the extension changed, perhaps an upgrade? For the most part it's for the better. However, there's 1 issue where the shortcut behaves inconsistently. I'm using the default ctrl+shift+x. This can trigger one of two actions.

1. Brings up the drop down panel, the equivalent of clicking on the extension's icon on the browser toolbar, as well as the smaller autocomplete panel right on the form elements on the page. If I press escape once, if will close that extension's panel. I can then interact with the smaller autocomplete panel on the form.
  2. This one is worse, where the shortcut only brings the dropdown panel from the extension's icon on the browser toolbar! I end up copying the password, closing the panel, typing my username/email manually on the form, then pasting my password.

I hope that makes sense. Has anyone else encountered this?

1Password Version: 7.6.780
Extension Version: 1.20.0
OS Version: Windows 10 2004, Build 19041.450
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @danywu ,
    Thanks for taking the time to report this issue here.

Behavior #1 that you mentioned is the correct behavior of the keyboard shortcut. However, I didn't quite understand what happens in your description of behavior #2. Can you please elaborate on that? Or better yet, attach a screenshot here (without revealing any personal info, this is a public forum).

Thanks again.

This discussion has been closed.