1PW Extension Appearing in Two Locations on Mac Screen

Options
drohr
drohr
Community Member

The 1PW extension appears at the very top of my Mac where the date and active program running is and it also appears on the Safari screen. Are they the same version or can I delete one of them? How do I determine the version of the browser extension? That link is not working on support site.

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.15.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @drohr

The 1Password extension in Safari is the same version as the 1Password application. The Safari extension is bundled inside the app. You cannot delete one if you want things to work as expected. :)

How do I determine the version of the browser extension? That link is not working on support site.

Which link is that, please? I'd like to have the docs team investigate if we have a broken link. Thanks!

Ben

• drohr
    drohr
    Community Member
    Options

Ben,
    So the extension in the floating safari window (non full screen mode) is the same as the top line on my screen (I forget name)? I was wrong about the broken link sorry...I just checked

• Ben
    Options

So the extension in the floating safari window (non full screen mode) is the same as the top line on my screen (I forget name)?

They are technically distinct (yet bundled) components, but from a practical perspective they are both part of 1Password, and both essential.

I was wrong about the broken link sorry...I just checked

No worries; glad to hear it.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.