To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Authenticator app?

Options
IGarth
IGarth
Community Member

I have cleaned my cache on my windows PC and having gone to 1Password I am being asked to provide all info again, such as the secret key, which is fine. Now I am being asked, "Enter the 6-digit authentication code from your authenticator app."

It has been a while since I created my account and that would have been when I had different devices. I cannot remember what I used as an authenticator app, so I am stuck at this stage on my PC. I have my emergency kit to hand and I can access the app on my phone.

Feeling dim - advice please.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @IGarth

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble getting signed in. It sounds like you've enabled two-factor authentication for your 1Password account. When doing so the apps we typically recommend are Authy or Google Authenticator. Do you still have access to that app on any of your devices? If not, please reach out to our security team at support+security@1password.com. Thanks!

Ben

• peacekeeper
    peacekeeper
    Community Member
    Options

I have my emergency kit to hand and I can access the app on my phone.

Hi @IGarth, since you mention that you have access on your phone, at least in the iOS App (I don't know about Android but I assume it works there as well) you can disable 2FA for your account in the account settings. But of course this only works from an authorized device, but from what I read your phone is authorized.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed @peacekeeper, thank you for the suggestion :+1:

• IGarth
    IGarth
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Ben and peacekeeper.
    Peacekeeper, yes that has done the trick. I am now back in on my PC version.
    Many thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of everyone, you are welcome @IGarth! I am glad to hear this :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.