Where can I locate my secret key if I am not able to sign in?

Options
pcwendyb
pcwendyb
Community Member

I had to update my chrome browser and now I am not able to log in without the secret key

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:having trouble locating my secret passcod

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @pcwendyb

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty. It sounds like in the process of updating Chrome also cleared its local storage, which is where 1Password keeps the Secret Key. There are a few other places you might find it:

1. On either a digital or physical copy of your Emergency Kit, if you saved one
    2. In one of the 1Password apps that you've added your account to
    3. In a different web browser, where you've previously signed into your 1Password account

Would any of those be applicable? If so we have a more extensive guide that may help in tracking it down:

Find your Secret Key or Setup Code

Ben

• pcwendyb
    pcwendyb
    Community Member
    Options

I went to my phone and located it there - however....I would like to save and emergency kit - which I cannot understand how to do it - so I could save it in my evernote...can you help me with that Ben? I would so very much appreciate it!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pcwendyb:

Thank you for the update!

I would like to save and emergency kit - which I cannot understand how to do it

Certainly: you can find the instruction to download your Emergency Kit in this article:

Get your Emergency Kit

Let us know if you get stuck at any specific step, and we will be happy to help you :+1:

This discussion has been closed.