Android sync problem - sync icon is missing

reviewpass
reviewpass
Community Member
edited August 2020 in Android

I use 1password on Mac and Andoid smartphones.
Synchronization goes through Dropbox. Almost always everything was fine.

Today I bought an eneus smartphone - Xiaomi Mi 10.
As always, I installed 1password. I logged in.
And what do I see? Only 45 accounts - that's less than 1/5. ?!?!? i think these are shared passwords...

I don't see a sync icon under Settings.
Although if I click three points in the top right corner, I can synchronize something.

Question 1: how can I solve the problem.
Question 2: why are these 45 passwords / accounts SO synchronized. I just do not understand.
Apparently shared passwords are synchronized via 1pass server - WHY ???

1Password Version: 7.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MIUI 12
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @reviewpass!

As always, I installed 1password. I logged in.
    And what do I see? Only 45 accounts - that's less than 1/5. ?!?!? i think these are shared passwords...

I don't see a sync icon under Settings.

It sounds like you logged into a 1Password.com account, instead of choosing your Dropbox data. After installing 1Password on this Android device, did you choose the Dropbox option, or did you choose the 1Password.com option instead, and entered your sign in address, email and Secret Key?

• reviewpass
    reviewpass
    Community Member
    edited August 2020

omg.. thank you @ag_ana
    its really not good ux in this case, ok.

But how can I move these 45 accounts to dropbox ???

• reviewpass
    reviewpass
    Community Member

Now I dont see these 45 accounts.. because im logged in dropbox... hmm

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@reviewpass:

Which sync method would you like to use moving forward? Dropbox or 1Password.com?

If you have a subscription, you should use your 1Password.com account instead of using third-party sync services such as Dropbox (since sync is included in 1Password accounts). Otherwise, if you are not using this account anymore, you can move that data back into Dropbox, so you have everything in one place.

• reviewpass
    reviewpass
    Community Member

@ag_ana how can i easy change to 1 password instead dropbox?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@reviewpass:

Now that you have your Dropbox data available inside the 1Password app, add your 1Password account to the 1Password app, and move your data from your Dropbox vault (probably called Primary), to your 1Password.com vault (called either Personal or Private) ;)

At this point everything will be stored inside your 1Password.com account, so you can remove your old Dropbox Primary vault from the app to avoid this from happening again in the future :+1:

This discussion has been closed.