How do I retrieve 1password 5 for my new account?

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

Hello. I just created a membership and downloaded 1password 7 but was not prompted to migrate my existing 1password 5 (which has now disappeared along with all of my passwords). Please can you instruct me on how to recover everything and migrate to my new account?

1Password Version: 1password 5 - 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Catalina 10.15.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Hello again. Never mind. I figured out how to open my Dropbox folder from the HD and add another vault. That should work for now. I have lost quite a few passwords though since my Dropbox hasn't synced for a month or so but at least I have access to most things. If there is another way to retrieve no. 5 I would be happy to know about it. Many thanks, M.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @HeartAlchemy!

It sounds like you manage to retrieve your old passwords already, so I just wanted to make sure that you actually moved them to your 1Password.com account. If you login to your new account in a browser on 1Password.com, do you see all your data there?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Hi ag_ana, yes I do see them logged in to the browser. I guess I was just hoping to be able to retrieve all of them from the app on my desktop rather than most of them from Dropbox (if that makes sense). If not, I'm sure the world will keep turning : ) "Thank you" for replying, by the way. Much appreciated.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@HeartAlchemy:

If some data was not synced to Dropbox, it might be a bit difficult, but we can certainly try to see if there is a way. Do you still have access to your old 1Password 5 app somewhere?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately not. It only existed on my desktop. I'm happy to move on if it's a difficult task. I'm also looking to delete this account since I can't seem to change my username and it's an old business name I no longer associate with. Perhaps you can help me do that and then I can start again fresh : ) Many thanks...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@HeartAlchemy:

We will be happy to help you with this. To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• Metaphoracle
    Metaphoracle
    Community Member
    Options

Hi ag_ana, here is my ticket number #UFM-55492-232
    Thank you so much for all your help : )

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @Metaphoracle. I see my colleague Tommy was able to assist with the forum situation. If you'd like to continue to troubleshoot the situation with recovering data from 1Password 5 I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your desktop where it was installed:

[Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)]

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/115251/how-do-i-retrieve-1password-5-for-my-new-account#latest
    • Your forum username: Metaphoracle

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.