Do 1password family members each have to pay to use the 1password app on smartphone

Options
Mac_Mom
Mac_Mom
Community Member

Can 1password family members download the app on their phones? Do they have to pay to use it? How do they use the 1password app on their phones?

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 7.6
OS Version: 10.145.6
Sync Type: WLAN Server
Referrer: forum-search:how much do 1password family members have to pay to user the 1password app on smartphone

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mac_Mom!

Can 1password family members download the app on their phones?

Absolutely yes :)

Do they have to pay to use it?

No: if you have a Families account, your subscription covers up to 5 family members, so they don't have to pay for a subscription separately.

How do they use the 1password app on their phones?

You can start by inviting them to your account. Once they have created their account, they can go through the getting started guide to get familiar with 1Password:

Get started with 1Password

• Mac_Mom
    Mac_Mom
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the info. I've used 1password for so long, I don't remember how I logged in to set up the app. Many apps require a login to set up and I wondered if yours would accept the credentials from the 1Password Family membership. Do they create a login name/username? Do they use the Master Password from when they accepted and set up their account?

• Ben
    Options

With 1Password Families each member of the family would have their own unique credentials (including Master Password and Secret Key) that they would use to set up the apps. These credentials are established when they accept the invitation you would send them. You would not share your Master Password with anyone. You can learn about how to invite your family here:

Share passwords in 1Password Families

If you haven't upgraded to 1Password Families yet instructions for doing so can be found here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.