can someone help me understand accounts and vaults?

Options
PinkertonFiles
PinkertonFiles
Community Member

I have 2 email addresses, do I need a vault for each of them? How do vaults work? I have watched the video and i'm still lost.

1Password Version: 1Password7
Extension Version: 7.6
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can someone help me understand accounts and vaults?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @PinkertonFiles! Welcome to the forum!

I have 2 email addresses, do I need a vault for each of them?

No, it's not necessary.

How do vaults work?

Vaults are a way to separate your 1Password data. For example, you can have your personal logins in the "Personal" vault, and your work logins in your "Work" vault. But using separate vaults is not mandatory: you can also keep everything in a single vault if you want.

I have watched the video and i'm still lost.

If you have any specific questions about it, please let us know and we will be happy to help!

• PinkertonFiles
    PinkertonFiles
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! it helps just knowing you're out there. I was using Dashlane and confused by the differences...but I'm just getting started. I'm sure you'll hear from me again.

• Ben
    Options

Very good @PinkertonFiles. Thanks for the update. I hope the transition is going smoothly. If there are any other points we can clarify or anything else we can do to help please let us know. :)

Ben

• PinkertonFiles
    PinkertonFiles
    Community Member
    Options

Does 1Password automatically fill in usernames and passwords once it's on my browser? if so, how do I get it to do that?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@PinkertonFiles:

Yes, 1Password can fill credentials on webpages for you. Have you installed the 1Password browser extension in your browser? You can download it from here.

And here is a documentation page to get you started:

Get to know 1Password X

This discussion has been closed.