I can only save documents in 1 Password desktop correct

Options
Kakkoister2
Kakkoister2
Community Member

Hi,

I was wondering I can only save documents in 1 Password desktop correct, not in 1 Password X Beta?

Also, so the desktop program says it found my 1password account, but doesn't take my master password, after clicking add, then entering in my master password. Fresh copy downloaded from the app store, after re downloading the program to my mac. I want to also have 1 Password on mac, even though I use Beta X everyday, just in case I need to do something the browser extension can't.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 1.21.2
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tomatoshadow2!

You can save a document in 1Password X, but when you do that you will be redirected to the 1Password.com website. So you cannot do it directly within 1Password X, but you can certainly start the process there and continue on the website :+1:

Also, so the desktop program says it found my 1password account, but doesn't take my master password, after clicking add, then entering in my master password.

Are you able to login to this account in a browser?

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

yes I can log in on my browser just fine. I manually added my account to the desktop App, is this fine, even though it stated it found my account?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tomatoshadow2:

That's absolutely fine, yes :+1: It's possible that the suggestion you were seeing was coming from an old account, or perhaps you changed your credentials recently, and that menu still had the old information. What matters is that you were able to login, which means that the credentials you have are correct :)

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

Sounds good, not I didn't make any recent changed, when I used the desktop app in April, setup worked just fine, no issues. Was just curious why it was not letting me log in. Also, as I understand from your last post, much easier to create docs in the desktop app. I tried this, worked great. It's nice to use the desktop app for more complex needs. Can also get beta features in the desktop app or not?

• ag_matthew
    ag_matthew
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2020
    Options

Can also get beta features in the desktop app?

@tomatoshadow2 Yes, you can enable beta builds by selecting "Include beta builds" in the "Updates" part of the preferences dialog in 1Password for Mac.

Screenshot of the "include beta builds" switch in 1Password for Mac

There's more information here about what to expect with beta builds, and how to submit bug reports.

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_matthew Thanks, where is this located within 1 Password 7 for Mac?

• Ben
    Options

@tomatoshadow2

1Password > Preferences > Updates. :)

Ben

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben I don't seem to have that in Preferences.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tomatoshadow2:

Are you using 1Password from the Mac App Store? If so, that would explain why you are not seeing this, since updates are managed directly through the Mac App Store app in that case ;)

You can update to the beta if you are using 1Password downloaded from our website.

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana Yes correct, thanks for clearing that up.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are very welcome @tomatoshadow2! Let us know if you decide to update to the beta and how it went :)

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member
    edited August 2020
    Options

@ag_ana Yes, will it install right over my current version from the App store? Also, is it recommended to have two beta versions? As just want to remember I know it could be unstable with new features at any time.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tomatoshadow2:

Yes, will it install right over my current version from the App store?

It might keep is separate in your Applications folder. But you can then drag the duplicate app to the trash in that case, so no worries :+1:

Also, is it recommended to have two beta versions? As just want to remember I know it could be unstable with new features at any time.

We don't recommend anything specific here, the choice is up to you: if you are the adventurous type, you can run the betas. Otherwise, if you prefer stability, you should probably avoid that, even though it would mean waiting longer before trying new features :)

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana Yes thanks, so I downloaded the most recent beta from the link about filing good bug reports, if any, will the Beta stay up to date consistently or is there something else, I must do?

I had to sign out of the App Store version, then sign into the beta, so all good to go now.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tomatoshadow2:

will the Beta stay up to date consistently or is there something else, I must do?

It should update automatically, but you can double check this under 1Password Preferences > Updates tab, by making sure that Automatically check for updates and Automatically install updates are both enabled, as per the screenshot posted above in this discussion :+1:

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana So it doesn't have this tab either, so should I get the copy from the website, instead of just getting it from the post above?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tomatoshadow2:

So it doesn't have this tab either

If you downloaded the app from our website, the tab must be there. Are you sure it's not just hidden?

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member
    edited August 2020
    Options

@ag_ana Correct, it is not hidden, I downloaded the installer from the Mac Beta part of the forum, from the bug filing post. When I downloaded it, it loaded 7.6.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tomatoshadow2:

I downloaded the installer from the Mac Beta part of the forum, from the bug filing post. When I downloaded it, it loaded 7.6.

Then you are still launching the Mac App Store version of the app, which is version 7.6, instead of the beta. I just tried downloading the beta from the same link that you used, and it downloaded version 7.7. beta 5 correctly. Which means that you are not launching the correct version.

If you open the Applications folder on your Mac, how many copies of 1Password do you see there? Do you perhaps have more than one?

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana No, unless I was suppose to launch the zip, I will download from the website instead, thanks for clearing that up.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tomatoshadow2:

You will download the same app from the website, it's the same. You already downloaded the correct version ;)

But yes, make sure you also install the beta and launch that one, downloading the file won't be enough. It sounds like you only downloaded the zip file and continued using the old version.

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana Yeah I went to the website, downloaded it again, now everything is working and I have the beta build now, thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great to hear @tomatoshadow2, thank you for the update!

This discussion has been closed.