How can I see/copy my new password?

Nisko
Nisko
Community Member
edited August 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

If I use the suggested password from 1Password X to register for a new site, I'd like to be able to copy that password before I submit my application to the site. But all I see are the many dots.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Nisko!

But all I see are the many dots.

Can you please post a screenshot of this? Thank you!

• Nisko
    Nisko
    Community Member

This is the screen I see when offered to input a new password for a new forum. I can't figure out how to copy that password into the Windows Clipboard. I want to do this because I want to paste it elsewhere besides 1Password X. How can I use the Windows Clipboard to copy the suggested password? Thank you.

• I don't know that that's the image you intended to post, @Nisko. :smile: If you open the 1Password pop-up by clicking the icon in your browser toolbar, you can search for the item in question and copy the password from there. To the right of the password (what you see as dots) there is a Copy button`. Let us know how this goes for you. :smile:

• Nisko
    Nisko
    Community Member

The only problem is that I would have to know at least part of the URL in order to search. I wish there was a way to give each saved item a name like "TenForums." Sometimes, the URL doesn't reflect the name of the website.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Nisko:

I wish there was a way to give each saved item a name like "TenForums."

You can edit the title of any item if you wish, and type what you prefer in there ;)

This discussion has been closed.