1Password X doesn't always take focus after keyboard shortcut in Firefox

Options

After pressing the ctrl+. shortcut to open the extension popup, sometimes the popup will not have focus. This sometimes results in me typing the first few characters of my 1P password somewhere else or a keyboard command interpreted by the browser instead of the popup. I'm guessing that it happens about 1 in 5 times. I haven't noticed any pattern or cause to this, but it is consistent. I can sit here and open and close the popup repeatedly without doing anything else, and it seems to occur randomly. It has been happening since I started using 1P around 6 months ago.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.20.0
OS Version: Windows 10.0.18363.1016
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @LLemon!

I have tested this in 1Password X in Firefox but every time I opened the extension, it always had focus for me:

As you can see, in this Firefox browser I only have the 1Password X browser extension. Do you maybe have other extensions installed that could be stealing the focus?

• LLemon
    LLemon
    Community Member
    Options

I checked for shortcut conflicts and even removed a ctrl+shift+. shortcut just in case, but it seems disabling other extensions did the trick. Do you have any suggestions on remedying this without having to ditch other extensions? Here's what I have installed right now:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@LLemon:

Thank you for the update! I can think of two ways to do this:

• You temporarily disable all extensions, and re-enable them one by one, until you find the one that is causing this
    • Alternatively, you could install 1Password X in a separate browser profile, so it's the only extension there, but you can still use all of the others
This discussion has been closed.