Advert for 1password popping up randomly every few minutes or so....annoying

Options
Trac3377
Trac3377
Community Member

Hi, I had to install a new SSD on my MacBook Air, i re-installed the OS from a recent back up. Everything is fine except now i get these annoying pop up adverts for 1PW....and before i could click on a log-in and it would automatically populate the fields, now that feature is now missing.

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Catalina
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Trac3377

I'm sorry to hear of the inconvenience. It sounds like you may not be signed into your account on the new SSD. If you look in 1Password > Preferences > Accounts do you see yours listed, or is it blank? If it is blank please click the "+" button and add your 1Password account credentials. I find the easiest way to do so is by scanning the Setup Code from the Emergency Kit using the Mac's built-in camera:

Get to know your Emergency Kit

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Trac3377
    Trac3377
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben, where can i find my account details? I bought 1PW some time ago with a one off payment?

• Ben
    Options

I see. In that case you would not yet have an account. So that we can assist further I'd like to move this conversation to private email. Please email us at support+forum@1password.com for additional details on how to move forward. So you don't have to repeat yourself in your email please include a link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/115327/advert-for-1password-popping-up-randomly-every-few-minutes-or-so-annoying#latest

When you email in you'll get an automated reply from BitBot with a support ID. Please post that ID here so we can 'connect the dots.' Thanks!

Ben

• Trac3377
    Trac3377
    Community Member
    Options

the auto insert function is defo gone.....and the advert is still popping up

• Trac3377
    Trac3377
    Community Member
    Options

• Trac3377
    Trac3377
    Community Member
    Options

Read-Only? thats new?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2020
    Options

Hey @Trac3377

We'd very much like to help with that. Could you please send us an email as outlined here so we can investigate further?

Ben

• Trac3377
    Trac3377
    Community Member
    Options

[#IRK-23266-323]

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2020
    Options

Thank you @Trac3377. We will be in touch via email with further ASAP.

Ben

ref: IRK-23266-323

This discussion has been closed.