1Password 7 does autofill, but does not automatically login to websites

Options
iandcl
iandcl
Community Member

I'm using Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6 and 1Password 7. Website login pages do successfully autofill with username and password, but no longer completes the next step of automatically logging into the website, as it always did with 1Password 6. In order to login, I have to click the login button on the website. Is this a shortcoming of 1PW7, or is there a preference setting or other way to enable to automatic login?

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:autofills but does not automatically login to websites

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @iandcl

While it was certainly convenient when it worked... 1Password will no longer 'click' the submit / login button after filling a form. In order to do that we were emulating a key press (the return/enter key) and that emulation is no longer allowed in some of the major browsers. Perhaps in the future if we can find a more reliable and supported way of submitting forms automatically we can take another look at that, but as of now we're unaware of such a method. I'm sorry I don't have a more encouraging answer here.

Ben

• iandcl
    iandcl
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben
    Appreciate your quick reply. It's a minor issue but very slick and time-saving to have that manual login click eliminated. Is this an issue that newly affects ver 7? Seems that 1PW 6 has no problem with the return key emulation.

Also, are there any browsers that do allow such emulation?

• Ben
    Options

@iandcl

In order to provide a consistent experience we've removed the function across the board, regardless of which browser you use. The issue came up after the release of v7, and so we did not go back and modify 1Password 6 (1Password 6 was retired and is no longer being updated since the release of v7).

Ben

This discussion has been closed.