To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Individual to Family Account

Options
doublebars
doublebars
Community Member

I am currently in correspondence with support, but response is unacceptably slow.

My individual account was bought through the Apple App Store. To change to a Family account I was told that I must first cancel that account, and then change the account not he 1password website. Following those instructions, I got to the point where I needed to supply a payment card, selected from my vault. On doing this I got the error "Failed to submit credit card. Stripe not loaded."

I have absolutely no idea what this means. My account is now frozen (something Support said would not happen) and I've received no response to my emails.

How can I get AN IMMEDIATE RESPONSE from Support?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.6
OS Version: MacOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Failed to submit credit card. Stripe not loaded.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @doublebars

Welcome to the 1Password Support Forum.

How can I get AN IMMEDIATE RESPONSE from Support?

I do apologize, but that is not a service that we offer. We make every effort to respond to all correspondence in under 24 hours. Right now, most are answered within an hour or two. I'll be happy to check on the status of your request for you. Could you please provide me with the Support ID for your exchange?

Thanks.

Ben

• doublebars
    doublebars
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you - I have finally had a reply to my emails, so the immediate problem is now resolved.

I understand what you say, and I accept that generally your service responses are reasonably timely . However, to have one's 1Password account frozen whilst following the instructions of the Support department for upgrading it is something of an emergency and demands some emergency response.

I have already commented by email about the importance of having account maintenance processes that are designed to fail safe: the real problem was not that I was unable to make a payment (though of course that would need fixing in due course!), but that once the payment had failed - through failure of your card processing software, I hasten to add - my account was frozen. I am very disappointed that AgileBits seem to have forgotten so fundamental a design principle as fail safe. Had the process failed safe and not frozen my account then there would have been no emergency, and no need for an immediate response.

Ultimately this is a pretty basic customer service choice: if you can't provide an emergency response (and I understand why you would not) then you need to make absolutely certain that you don't cause situations that demand one!

• Ben
    Options

@doublebars

Thank you for the feedback. I'm glad to hear that ultimately this got sorted out, and I apologize for the wait time. We've definitely made strides to improve, but there is always room to be better. Hopefully as we continue to grow response times will continue to shrink.

Ben

ref: DSZ-34488-559

This discussion has been closed.