To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Chrome - Unsupported Browser Message

Options
dlohrm
dlohrm
Community Member
edited August 2020 in Memberships

Hi, I'm getting the same "Unsupported Browser" error message on Chrome that has been mentioned in previous threads when trying to log into the 1password portal. I'm using the latest stable Chrome version and don't have any issues with the extension itself.

Unfortunately none of the fixes help (besides disabling all the extensions which I need for work).

Can I suggest (similar to Chrome security warnings) adding an "Advanced" section on the page to just ignore that incompatible browser warning? This would hopefully be a quick fix and provide everyone who's encountering this issue with a workaround while you are implementing a proper fix (which looking at the age of the threads in the form has already been in the works for a while)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Chrome - Unsupported Browser

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dlohrm! Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately none of the fixes help (besides disabling all the extensions which I need for work).

For confirmation, did disabling all the extensions actually make the warning disappear?

• dlohrm
    dlohrm
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana, yes, correct—I haven't disabled the extensions (as I've got a ton), but incognito mode works.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dlohrm:

Thank you for the confirmation! So it's possible that one of the other extensions is causing this. Have you considered using a separate browser profile with just 1Password installed? This way, you could continue using all of your extensions, but there would be no interference with the 1Password website.

• dlohrm
    dlohrm
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that's basically what I'm doing now (I'm using Safari instead of Chrome to log in).

However, I think it would be easy to allow "advanced" users to ignore the incompatible browser warning as the functionality is there and it's just an extension interfering with the detection script. So that's just a feature request until an actual fix can be implemented.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Understood @dlohrm, thank you for the discussion! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.