Forgot where my 1P syncs

Options
Heter0dyne
Heter0dyne
Community Member

Hi Guys, silly question I suppose; have been using 1P7 on MBPro (Late 2013) with Catalina and iPhone 8 with iOS 13.6.1 and all fine but temporarily the MBPro has gone in for repair

I am therefore having to set up 1P on my older MBPro (Mid 2009) which is only able to run El Capitan and support 1P6. Unfortunately, I cannot recall how I set up the syncing e.g. iCloud etc., originally. I thought through settings on the iPhone it would show up the source for syncing but no success. I tried syncing to DropBox but this didn't work. Any chance for a simple solution so that I can set up 1P6 correctly to sync with my current data?

Many thanks

1Password Version: 1P6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: ??

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Heter0dyne!

If you cannot see your sync settings, is it possible you are using a 1Password account? In that case, the sync menus would be hidden since data is synced automatically via 1Password.com.

• Heter0dyne
    Heter0dyne
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana

Thanks for your very prompt message. Clearly, I was overcomplicating matters as 1P has majorly moved on from the old days to now, a much simpler system. As I have a 1P account, all needed during setup was to select '1Password' as opposed to iCloud etc., and instantly - somehow - my account was found then simply confirming; all done, excellent!

Thank again to you and all your excellent team for being there!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @Heter0dyne! I am glad I could help, and thank you for the kind words :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.