iCloud not syncing between macOS and iOS

readingroses
readingroses
Community Member

I’m running some tech support for my parents on 1Password 6/iOS before signing us up for a family membership/1Password 7.

My mom is using iCloud as her sync for her primary/only vault, but it’s not communicating between her devices. Her iOS apps are not picking up changes from her Mac, even though all 1Password devices say they’ve just synced via iCloud. I only realized this while doing some tech support, and she went to manually update her password on her phone after we changed it on her computer.

I’ve checked the following: she’s using the same iCloud account on both devices. Her Mac has 227 items, her iPhone and her iPad have 196. Everything else for iCloud seems to be working and syncing.

Because I can’t guarantee she hasn’t made changes on her phone that haven’t been made on her computer, I’m going to need to keep a copy of both versions of the vault.

How do you best suggest I move forward to clean up her vaults so I prep to upgrade to a family plan. I’m at a real loss why it’s not consistently syncing on iCloud. Thanks!

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @readingroses! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please try all of the troubleshooting steps in this support article, and see if they help?

If you’re having trouble syncing with iCloud

How do you best suggest I move forward to clean up her vaults so I prep to upgrade to a family plan. I’m at a real loss why it’s not consistently syncing on iCloud. Thanks!

Ideally, iCloud would start working again so you could migrate data to your 1Password Families account only once. However, should iCloud not cooperate, you could always migrate your Mac data and your iOS data separately, and cleanup the duplicates afterwards. It would not be the nicest experience, but since you don't know if there are changes in the iOS data that have not synced, it would still be an option :)

• That's a good thought as well, @sylath. Thanks for sharing. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.