Bank account category does not fill in username / password

AKev
AKev
Community Member

I created a bank account entry and added fields for username, password and URL. When I go to my on-line banking site, username/password does not populate nor am I able to select the banking entry in the drop down...only logins and credit cards. If I add the proper field types to the banking template, why not let the system find them for logging in?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.6 (70600006) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mojave 10.14.6
Sync Type: default

Comments

• AKev
    AKev
    Community Member

I am creating multiple entries for each. One login and a banking entry and maybe a credit card entry. I then cross ref them to each other.
    If there is a better way, please let me know.

• Hey @AKev.

That is indeed the best way for now. Perhaps in the future we'll be able to be more flexible in this regard, e.g. by having a 'fillable' section that could be applied to any item regardless of category. :) Thanks for the feedback here.

Ben

• froyde
    froyde
    Community Member

@Ben That would be much appreciated; using the templates for e.g. bank accounts lets me store the relevant information right in that item and it is - for me - counterintuitive that 1Password would not suggest the credentials on sites whose URLs I stored within the account. What's the use of such fields then?
    Ideally I could check a box on the bank account if I want 1Password to suggest the credentials on the respective web sites.
    Best
    Marco

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@froyde:

counterintuitive that 1Password would not suggest the credentials on sites whose URLs I stored within the account. What's the use of such fields then?

Every 1Password item can be customized with custom fields and sections as you see fit, so you can add as many URLs as you want for your own reference. However, the filling "logic" works with Login items only at the moment. But it wouldn't be great to forbid you from adding URLs to other items just because they cannot be filled on websites :)

This discussion has been closed.