The keyboard hides the area where you type in your password on iOS.

disgruntled99
disgruntled99
Community Member

Existing customer. Just changed my master password, on my mac. When I opened the iOS app on my phone, it asked me to enter in my new password, naturally. But, the keyboard hides the password entry area, I can't see what I'm typing.

1Password Version: 7.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOs 13.6
Sync Type: cloud
Referrer: forum-search:keyboard hides

Comments

• Hi @disgruntled99

I'm sorry to bear about the difficlty entering your password. We do have an issue filed with our development team regarding this. Hopefully they'll be able to address the issue in an update. I understand you cannot see the field, but the contents would be obsecured regardless. If you go ahead and type the password anyway, does that work? Please let me know.

Ben

ref: dev/apple/issues#3211

• disgruntled99
    disgruntled99
    Community Member

Thanks for the response. Yes, but as I type each letter briefly appears before being obscured. At least that’s the way it works in most apps. That helps me as I am not the greatest typist.

• You're very welcome. I totally understand. I wish I had a more immediate solution to offer here but unfortunately it appears an update to the app will be required to resolve the problem. I'd suggest for now that you take the password entry slow and carefully and then tap return to sign in.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.