Does anyone here use Numbers or LibreOffice?

romad
romad
Community Member

If so, have you tried exporting your 1Pwd database to them? Which format worked best, csv or tdf? Also if you used LibreOffice did you import the file into Calc or Base?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Exporting database to LibreOffice or Numbers

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@romad,

The CSV format is the choice to use if you want to open in a spreadsheet program such as Numbers, Excel, or Calc.

What are you intending to do with the export?

Be careful, the contents will be unencrypted.

• romad
    romad
    Community Member
    edited August 2020

My wife doesn't use computers thus I need to have all my stuff in hard copy so it is available to be used to close various Internet accounts after I'm gone. The original plan was for my younger brother to do it but he passed away in 2014 thus I'm going old school.

Would using Base in LibreOffice be a better choice over a spreadsheet? Since Apple never fully replaced AppleWorks, there isn't a Mac database application I can use.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@romad

I've never tried to get a CSV file into Base or any database program, so have no input here. I don't see any reason to do this however, if your intent is to print out a tabular format for your wife. CSV would be your best bet if you need an unencrypted file.

If you want a different printing format, I have several for-print converters in my converter suite which can reduce the number of pages, and flow / paginate (as HTML) more nicely than a table, and these are customizable. These consume a direct 1PIF export from 1Password (vs a CSV), so all data is readily available.

• romad
    romad
    Community Member

I was just thinking that since my 1Pwd file is basically a database, perhaps importing it into a database application might be better than a spreadsheet. Maybe I'll experiment and export both csv and tdf files, then import the former into Calc and/or Numbers and the latter into Base. I'll look at your convertor suite also.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@romad

At the converter suite location, look under Extra Help > Screenshots and Samples. There are a couple of jpg's showing some same output - look at the various file that begin with "onepif".

• romad
    romad
    Community Member

Thanks! Checked them out. Very nice bank you have giving out free lollipops! :)

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

:-)

This discussion has been closed.