To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Not syncing between my Macs

Options
griffman
griffman
Community Member

I have three Macs—a deskbound iMac, a MacBook Pro, and an Air. The desktop is on Mojave, and the other two run Catalina. i have an active 1Password membership, and on all three Macs, if I go into Prefs > Accounts, I see my name and a white-on-green text box that says Subscribed.

I was just on the road for 12 days with the Air, and I made numerous changes to my 1Password database. But those changes are only on the Air, not on the other Macs. I thought one of the benefits of the membership was easy continuous sync between the machines ... so why aren't my changes there, and more importantly, how do I get them there?

-rob.

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: 10.14, 10.15
Sync Type: Membership
Referrer: forum-search:how to sync

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited August 2020
    Options

@griffman

I am sorry to hear about the trouble you are having. It looks like the Air is central to a resolution here. Do you have a Primary vault on the Air? You mentioned a membership, and often when I see a user describe this behavior, they have an older Primary vault on the device. A Primary vault is from the days before you had a membership. Your account does not see it, and no details saved to it are synced to your account vaults, which causes the mismatch of the data.

Please let me know what you find.

• griffman
    griffman
    Community Member
    Options

Ah! Thank you! Yes, there is an old Primary vault there, and that's where the new entries were stored. I moved them to the Family vault, and all is good now. Thank you!

-rob.

• @griffman

That's terrific news. Thank you for updating us.

• @griffman

One follow up piece of advice that you may wish to consider is to remove the Primary vault to prevent any further confusion.

For the Mac, those steps would be as follows.

1. From the menu bar, choose Vault > Switch to Vault > Primary.
    2. Choose Vault > Delete Vault.
This discussion has been closed.