New Mac can't find my vault in Dropbox, but other devices see it

Options
joanna
joanna
Community Member

Hello, I have a new Mac running the latest OS and sync my vault with Dropbox. My new Mac can't find the vault in Dropbox even though my iPhone is syncing to it just fine. I've searched for it in Dropbox and it's not visible. Now I can't sync; any ideas? Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @joanna

Are you signed into the same Dropbox account on both devices? From your description it sounds like that may not be the case. Could you please double check and let me know?

Ben

• joanna
    joanna
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, thanks for your note: I only have one Dropbox account, and I'm logged in on three devices I used to be able to see my 1Password files in my list of Dropbox files -- it always appeared at the top of an alphabetical list. I even made a change to a password on my iPhone, in the hopes that would modify the Vault file and then it would appear at the top of a list of modified files. But no dice.

• Ben
    Options

@joanna

You should indeed be able to see the keychain (1Password.opvault or similar) in Dropbox. Since you're signed into the same account on all of the devices I wonder if

1. Dropbox isn't syncing or
    2. 1Password isn't syncing to Dropbox

On your Mac, if you add a file to the Dropbox folder, does that file show up on https://dropbox.com/ ? If so, the iPhone may not be syncing properly. We have limited support for syncing via Dropbox at this point (with syncing through 1Password.com being the recommended way forward), but I would recommend running through this troubleshooting guide:

If you're having trouble syncing with Dropbox

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• joanna
    joanna
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I can find a file, but it hasn't been modified since November 2019, but I've definitely altered my passwords since then. I hav ea folder with this name: 1Password.opvault
    with files in it; is it possible that's what I'm looking for? Thank you!

• Ben
    Options

1Password.opvault is the folder we're looking for, yes. The last modification date may be a red herring. If you set up 1Password for Mac to sync with that file do you end up with all the same data that is on your iPhone?

Ben

• joanna
    joanna
    Community Member
    Options

Also, to answer your question, everything is syncing fine.

• Ben
    Options

@joanna

To clarify: you were able to get the Mac pointed at the opvault and everything is working as expected now?

Ben

• joanna
    joanna
    Community Member
    edited August 2020
    Options

OK, I fixed this, I was having a problem but it's resolved. Thank you!

• ag_tommy
    edited August 2020
    Options

@joanna

On behalf of Ben, you're welcome.

I am happy to hear you were able to resolve the issue. If we can assist you further, please don't hesitate to reach out.

This discussion has been closed.