Can't sync between Apple devices any more

ferbis53
ferbis53
Community Member

I´m a 1P member (Family account) using the monthly payment method; for some reason lately, changes that I make in one device (iPad mini, Iphone XS, or iMac all using latest software) are not reflected in other devices and as there is no "sync now" option anymore in the preferences pane I have to manually make changes

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.6 (70600005) Tienda de 1Pass
Extension Version: 7.6
OS Version: 10.15.6 (19G2021
Sync Type: 1P
Referrer: forum-search:can't sync between Apple devices any more

Comments

• Hi @ferbis53

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble getting the same data on all of your devices. With a 1Password Families membership there are no sync preferences / sync now button — that is normal / expected. But you shouldn't have to manually make changes across devices. To track down which devices aren't syncing properly I'd like to ask you to perform a test for me, please:

1. On each of your devices create a new Secure Note. Title it something recognizable and relevant to the device you're using (e.g. Test from ferbis53's iPhone).
    2. Sign into https://my.1password.com/ and check which Secure Notes appear there
    3. Note the devices where you added a note where it did not appear on 1Password.com

Please let me know which devices those are.

Ben

• ferbis53
    ferbis53
    Community Member

Thank you Ben for your quick response; I just did what you recommended and the result is:
    Note from the iMac arrived only to the iPhone and not to the iPad, nor to the 1P webpage
    Note from the iPad didn't arrived anywhere
    Note from the iPhone arrived to the iPad and not to the iMac.
    Thanks again Bert for your patience.

Yours,
    Fernando

• @ferbis53

Based on those results it sounds like none of these devices are actually signed into / syncing with your 1Password Families account. Is that correct? None of the items created appear on https://my.1password.com?

If so then it sounds like you'd need to follow this guide:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Please pay special attention to the steps at the bottom of the guide for removing the Primary vault from each device once everything has been migrated. I hope that helps!

Ben

• ferbis53
    ferbis53
    Community Member

Thank you again Ben,
    I just did what you suggested earlier and worked fine with 2 exceptions
    1. The items imported lost their links to documents or photos, they are still there, but you have to search for them manually so I'm afraid to delete older vaults yet
    2. The App 1P reports that I'm using a trial version for 15 or so days; how to repair or report this change of account so that I don't get billed twice?
    Anyway is now working like a champ.

Thanks for all the help again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ferbis53:

Thank you for the update!

1. The items imported lost their links to documents or photos, they are still there, but you have to search for them manually so I'm afraid to delete older vaults yet

Moving items between vaults currently loses the links, that is true, so you will have to link items again after the migration I am afraid.

1. The App 1P reports that I'm using a trial version for 15 or so days; how to repair or report this change of account so that I don't get billed twice?

We will be happy to help you with this. To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.