Can't scan QR codes on screen anymore

Options
jona_l
jona_l
Community Member

Hi,

I can't scan any QR codes on screen anymore. In the past it was set up, so 1Password has the permission for that.
When I look up my privacy settings in my system preferences, 1Password isn't there But 1Password doesn't even ask for permissions.
I also can't drag and drop the app from the applications folder in there. Any way to give 1Password the permissions it needs?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,
Jona

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @jona_l

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty scanning. Is it possible you installed 1Password from the App Store? The instructions for granting this permission are available here:

If you see "1Password would like to record this screen" on your Mac

But this is only possible with the download of 1Password directly from our website, rather than from the App Store. The App Store's rules are such that the screen recording permission can only be used for actual recordings of the screen, and not in the way we're trying to use it in 1Password.

Ben

• jona_l
    jona_l
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you.
    But I downloaded the app off your website, and it already worked in the past.
    I just didn‘t use my Macbook for quite some time. And also didn‘t scan a qr code in a while.
    I think the catalina update was „between“ the last time I scanned a qr code.

• @jona_l

Interesting in that case that 1Password wouldn't be in the list of possible apps to allow screen recording for. A reinstall may help. Please try these instructions:

1. Quit Safari if it is running
    2. Open and then quit 1Password completely — ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)
    3. Drag 1Password to the Trash, but DO NOT use a "cleaner" app to remove 1Password if you have one (MacKeeper, CleanMyMac, AppZapper, etc)
    4. Empty the Trash
    5. Restart your Mac
    6. Install 1Password from our website: Download for Mac
    7. Open 1Password
    8. Try to scan a QR code

Let me know how it turns out. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.