1Password 7 vs 1Password-X?

allenz
allenz
Community Member

Okay, so still using 1-Passord-6 for many years. Some time ago 1-Password was ('forced') on me somehow and I hated it. I seem to remember the layout was horrible. I couldn't find my secure notes; I mean I was about to delete the entire thing. Then I was able to get back to v6.

I think I've been with Agilebits since the beginning.

So that was then and this is now. Apple changed Safari about adding stuff so no more 1-Password-6 in Safari. Then there was High Sierra and now Mojave! I'm still scared about loosing 32 bit apps, (but do I have any?). Now I'm using Brave a lot (no tracking). Using Firefox as my default because I got 1-Password in Firefox.....

...AND...
I hate the idea of subscriptions. Everyone;'s going to subscriptions lately. UGH! So I suppose I got to update my thinking here with regards to Agilebits and my love of 1Password. I suppose business' have to survive.

single is only 2.99 monthly. Not too awful bad. So I'm still Leary of the desktop on 1 Password 7 but I guess I'll have to learn (ha! at 80- yo still learning!). But the pluses outweigh the minuses. Now it supports Brave. Now I can get it back into Safari. Plus a few other benefits.

Sorry for the log story. My question is 1-Passeord-X? Same as 7?

Thanks
Allen

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @allenz!

1Password X is our latest version of the browser extension, designed to run entirely in the browser without the need to install the 1Password desktop app. You can read more about it here:

1Password X

1Password 7 is an app you install on your Mac instead. You can certainly use both :)

This discussion has been closed.