How can I specify one browser for some websites and another browser for other websites?

For various reasons, I want to use one browser for some sites, and a different browser for other sites. How can I open those sites with those specific browsers and have 1Password fill the log-ins?

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:How can I specify one browser for some websites and another browser for other websites?

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @kendo ,

The 1Password 7 desktop app will always open your system's default browser. There's no way to make it open a different browser for specific logins.
    However, here's an alternative workflow, which you will probably find very useful:
    1. Instead of opening the 1Password 7 desktop app, open your browser first.
    2. Click the 1Password extension icon on the browser's toolbar and unlock it with your Master Password.
    3. Find the login you need in that 1Password mini window (either by scrolling through your list of logins or by typing the name of the login/website in the search bar).
    4. Once you find the login you need, select it and click the blue "Go" button. The extension will take you to the website and autofill.

This workflow will prevent the need for opening the 1Password 7 desktop app completely, and it will also work in the browser of your choosing :)

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

There are some programs that give the option of using different browsers for different sites. I recently saw mention of Browsersaurus, but I have not used it and there are others.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the suggestion @danco :+1: Some other options were also suggested in this forum discussion.

This discussion has been closed.