To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Upgrading 250+ passwords. 1P creates strong samples but how do I copy them?

Kiwiiano
Kiwiiano
Community Member
edited September 2020 in Memberships

As noted above, 1Pass creates passwords to strong parameters but won’t allow me to copy them to the websites where I need to replace old weak or guessable stuff. Suggestions please

1Password Version: 7.6.2
Extension Version: NA
OS Version: 13.6.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Upgrading 250+ passwords. 1P creates strong samples but how do I copy them?

Comments

• Kiwiiano
    Kiwiiano
    Community Member

I doubt this matters but the problem isn’t iOS/Mac/Win/etc it’s Agilebits web site....

• Hi @Kiwiiano

To clarify: you're not generating the passwords within the 1Password apps? If that's the case could you please elaborate on why not? That would be the suggested workflow here:

Change your passwords and make them stronger

Please let me know. :)

Ben

• Kiwiiano
    Kiwiiano
    Community Member

Thanks Ben, I’m typing the new password twice into the cells on a website when changing my password to something more secure. While 1Password can generate 16 digits with numbers, case sensitive, it won’t let me copy & paste.
    I’ve switched to using a Random Character Generator to create several pages of 16 digit blocks that I can cut n paste into web sites, avoiding any duplicates. Panic averted.

• @Kiwiiano

Copying and pasting shouldn't be necessary... I'm still unclear on this point:

you're not generating the passwords within the 1Password apps?

The guide I linked above is the recommended way of generating and changing passwords. :+1:

Ben

• Kiwiiano
    Kiwiiano
    Community Member

@Ben: Part of the problem is that when I try to insert a new secure password somewhere, iOS jumps in with its own suggestion that will be stored in iCloud. I can accept that, in spite of misgivings about the security of anything stored off-site, but there are more problems backing those passwords up to 1Pass. (I’m all for braces and belts with security these days, hence my paranoia!)

I’ll have another attempt with your link

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Kiwiiano:

Part of the problem is that when I try to insert a new secure password somewhere, iOS jumps in with its own suggestion that will be stored in iCloud.

Please make sure you disable Keychain in the autofill options, or it can interfere with 1Password doing the same thing, as you have discovered ;)

This discussion has been closed.