Feature request: Password Modified Timestamp different from Last Modified Timestamp

Hi there!

I would like to have to see separate timestamps for "last modified" versus "password last modified." For instance, it is very useful to know when a password was last changed, but it is less important to know when, say, a tag was modified or a login page updated or a note added. Perhaps ultimately different timestamps per field would be useful.

At the end of the day, I want to know if a password is older than x days/months, but having the timestamp change when I add non-password info is less than optimal.

Thanks for reading!

1Password Version: Browser version
Extension Version: 1.21.0
OS Version: Windows 10 usually but also Chrome OS
Sync Type: NA
Referrer: forum-search:timestamp

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @rossumcapek ,

I'm pretty sure this feature already exists, but not in the extension itself. If you open a login item in the 1Password desktop app or in our web app (by logging into your account at https://my.1password.com), there's a button there to view previous passwords history, which also has a timestamp. In the web app, you can also see a full log of changes for a specific login item with time stamps.

Here's what it looks like in the web app:

You can also reach the web app directly from the extension by selecting a login item and clicking the "Edit" button at the bottom. It will open the web app directly on that item, but it will open in edit mode, so you'll have to click the "Cancel" button at the bottom of the page to exit edit mode, at which point these buttons will show up.

• rossumcapek
    rossumcapek
    Community Member

Hey @ag_yaron! Thanks for the info, it's nice to see. Is there any way to search based on this? Ideally this would be in the web client, but I have access to the Windows app or I could dive into the command line version if need be.

• Hello @rossumcapek, you can't search an item based on that, but you can sort items based on time modified if it helps. To do that, you can open the 1Password app > Click on the button under the search bar > Select Date modified.

• rossumcapek
    rossumcapek
    Community Member

Thanks @nhat_1P ! It's a step in the right direction. In the best of all possible worlds, the web app would notify and say "hey! This password is x-amount-of-time old and needs to be changed!" since it would be aware of password age, not entry modification age.

I can hope. :) Thanks again.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

It is indeed a feature we've heard users requesting before @rossumcapek .
    Hopefully it will make it to our apps at some point :)

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions!

• gregoryigelmund
    gregoryigelmund
    Community Member

Hey @ag_yaron Hi @nhat_1P

I occasionally have to rotate the passwords of a shared Vault once a team member leaves the company. Having quick access to the password last modified at-timestamp in the native app would be super super useful to make sure one does not forget to change all passwords which have been unchanged since a given date.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for chiming in @gregoryigelmund !

While this is currently not available in the native apps we offer, perhaps you'll be able to build a script for it using our Command Line Tool, if you have some scripting experience: https://support.1password.com/command-line-getting-started/

The 1Password CLI is great for use cases such as yours where you want to automate processes beyond what we natively offer, and your scripting abilities are the limit with our CLI tool :)
    I hope you'll find this somewhat useful for now.

• gregoryigelmund
    gregoryigelmund
    Community Member

I hope you'll find this somewhat useful for now.

That is super neat! thanks

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Glad I could help! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.