Problem with letting 1Password make stronger passwords

Options
abos
abos
Community Member

When I follow the steps as shown in the video on youtube (Change your passwords and make them stronger on your Mac), I encounter a problem when coming to the step where you let 1password generate a password (after copying en pasting the old password) and press on save and fill, it puts the new password in the place of the old password. I tried this with a number of different websites and it happens every time. Am I doing something wrong?

I use 1Password7 version 7.6, browser is Safari 14.0

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @abos!

Sorry for the inconvenience here! I don't think you are doing anything wrong: we are currently investigating a bug that is causing the exact issue you are describing. Our developers are working on a fix to make sure this starts working again for every website and to make the process even more stable, but at the moment what you are describing is a known issue.

• abos
    abos
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the quick response. How do I know when the problem is solved?

• Hi @abos

When an update is released the release notes will show in the update window. Those notes will outline what is being addressed by the update. :+1:

Ben

• abos
    abos
    Community Member
    Options

OK, thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are very welcome @abos! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.