Double click works wrong, opens login list

Options
spindeldesign
spindeldesign
Community Member

When working normally, double clicking a destination website in left list opens browser and login is automatic. Now behavior has changed -- double clicking does not open browser and instead opens my full list of logins, beginning with "a". The only way I can proceed is to use "copy" in the url ("website") in the individual login item window on the right, paste in my browser and then use the "autofill" to fill the fields. What should I do to fix this? (1Password 7.6 on MacMini OS 10.14.6). Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Mac 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:double click

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @spindeldesign! Welcome to the forum!

Are you doing this from the 1Password for Mac desktop app directly, or in the 1Password browser extension?

• spindeldesign
    spindeldesign
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your question. This happens in the 1Password desktop app. It seems to be OK in the browser extension.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the confirmation @spindeldesign. I have just tested this in the 1Password for Mac app, and double-clicking on an entry correctly opened the website for me. Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Do you see the same behavior now?

• spindeldesign
    spindeldesign
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for this suggestion. It seems to have done the trick. Can you explain to me simply how this fix worked? It seemed to be that the extension was blocking the app from working, even if the browsers were quit.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@spindeldesign;

Starting fresh often helps :) Especially in this case where things were working for me, and normally work for you too, it is always worth trying to start fresh and see if that helps :+1:

• spindeldesign
    spindeldesign
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @spindeldesign! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.