Changing default account on Mac desktop app?

Options
BadgerMike
BadgerMike
Community Member

Getting started:
1. Logged into Business account Chrome browser.
2. Dowloaded and installed desktop app on Mac.
3. Can't log into desktop app because it's defaulting to a previously deleted account.
4. Appears to be no way to change the Sign-In Address/Default account via the desktop app/Preferences/Accounts tab.

Is it worth the effort to try to resolve the issue (e.g., Do you get 90 percent of the benefits from the browser extensions)?

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can't change default account on Mac desktop app

Comments

• Hi @BadgerMike

I'd be happy to help here.

Is it worth the effort to try to resolve the issue (e.g., Do you get 90 percent of the benefits from the browser extensions)?

The answer here is very subjective. Rather than try to determine that I think it may be best if I let you know how you can go about resolving the issue, and then you can judge if you'd like to follow through on it or not. :)

1. Can't log into desktop app because it's defaulting to a previously deleted account.

If all of your data is stored in your new account (e.g. it is accessible in the 1Password X browser extension) then you can reset 1Password for Mac by selecting Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data from the menu bar. Then you should be able to add your current account to the app. :+1:

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• BadgerMike
    BadgerMike
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Ben. That worked!
    Mike

• You're very welcome. Glad to hear it. :) Thanks for the update. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.