Multiple accounts for the same website

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Stricting URL matching for subdomains ?.

Comments

• Fairgame
    Fairgame
    Community Member
    Options

I do not really have a solution or suggestion for this, but same behavior happens when I want to login via Safari on iPad to one of our gmail accounts (we have probably 6 different emails). From the name I can guess which login I need, the order on top of the list seems to be whatever was the last email I logged in on that device since they all have the same login url. Once user name is selected, the correct and one only password is presented - which is great, thanks (gmail login makes you select email on the first page and password on the next page. I have to pull info from 1PW twice).
    Just FYI, for us it is minor detail.

• Hey @Fairgame

That seems like an entirely different situation, so I've split your message into its own thread. The folks in the other thread are trying to separate Logins for pages which are differentiated by URL (specifically, subdomain). They want 1Password to treat foo.bar.com entirely separately from bar.com. Doing so would break filling for a large number of sites where the same credentials are used across all/multiple subdomains though, and there is a resistance to add complexity here given we do sort suggestions by the closest matching URL.

For your situation all of the items have the same URL, so subdomain matching wouldn't have any bearing on what you're seeing. If you want to intentionally modify the ordering of the list, you can mark one of the items as a favorite, and then that item should always appear at the top. :+1:

Ben

• Fairgame
    Fairgame
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for a tip.

• You're welcome! :)

Ben

• albopf
    albopf
    Community Member
    Options

Pre-sales! All I need to know is, can 1password gracefully handle e.g., signon for multiple gmail accounts? My wife has two; I have two; each for various purposes.

• @albopf

Yes, it can. I/we have multiple Gmail accounts. You can restrict 1Password so that it's only looking at data within a single vault, your's, for example. Give each Gmail a specific name. Mine is called, interestingly enough, Gmail-main and Gmail-alt.

When I go to log in, I select the appropriately named login.

• albopf
    albopf
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your response, @ag_tommy: now all I need to find out is, what a “vault” is. On our current (substandard) password manager we have the items simply as “login” types with different names a la “Gmail - me”, “Gmail - her”, “Gmail - me alias” and “Gmail - her other”. I’ll look her on the website to find somewhat of a user manual to find what you mean (due diligence, of course) and proceed from there. Thanks again.

• @albopf

A vault is a collection of items. For example, I have a vault called Personal that belongs just to me, and only I can see the contents. I have another vault shared between all family account members, think Netflix password, and so on. I have a vault that only my eldest son and I can access, his brother cannot, and vise versa. Think of it as a way of compartmentalizing things between users or groups. You can also separate things like work items from personal items by making use of different vaults.

• albopf
    albopf
    Community Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

And if I have in my “personal” vault two userids and passwords for gmail? Or must I establish a separate vault for each?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2020
    Options

@albopf:

You don't need to create multiple vaults, you can have multiple logins for the same website in the same vault. When you try to login to that website, 1Password will ask you which one of those multiple logins you would like to use.

This discussion has been closed.