1Password 7 + Privacy

Ricky Romero
Ricky Romero
Community Member

Congratulations on your partnership with Privacy! I've been using Privacy for a while now and it's an excellent service.

I'm using Safari and was wondering if this integration was planned for the Safari extension. Right now it appears to be exclusive to 1Password X (which isn't available for Safari).

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 7.6
OS Version: 10.15.6
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Hi @Ricky Romero

Congratulations on your partnership with Privacy! I've been using Privacy for a while now and it's an excellent service.

Thank you! We're very excited about the opportunity to work with Privacy.com. 😃

I'm using Safari and was wondering if this integration was planned for the Safari extension. Right now it appears to be exclusive to 1Password X (which isn't available for Safari).

It is something we are planning to do in a future release of 1Password for Mac. Fingers crossed it’ll be in Safari soon. 🤞🏻

Ben

• bentomas
    bentomas
    Community Member

Yes, I'm also wondering about this.

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member

As a Canadian are we able to benefit from this "integration"?

• Hey @bentomas

We've updated our blog post to clarify that support in Safari for this feature is coming. :+1:

Ben

• einsteinbqat
    einsteinbqat
    Community Member

A Canadian company offering a US-resident only feature…

• @jmjm @einsteinbqat

At the moment, Privacy.com is limited to users in the United States. So for now, you’ll need to be in the States to use this integration. We won’t put words in Privacy’s mouth, but do keep an eye out for announcements about new countries.

No doubt it would be great if in the future they could offer the service in Canada and elsewhere as well. :)

Ben

• davetherave112
    davetherave112
    Community Member

Hi, also interested in this; specifically for the Chrome extension. Am I correct in assuming the feature will be available in Safari & Chrome at the same time? Thanks!

• rudy
    edited September 2020

@davetherave112,

Only if you're using 1Password X in chrome. It will not be available as part of the "(desktop app required)" extension. It will also not be available in Safari if you don't have a 1Password.com account.

• davetherave112
    davetherave112
    Community Member

@rudy ever?

• @davetherave112,

to which part? sorry, i edited my reply a couple times.

• davetherave112
    davetherave112
    Community Member

@rudy
    Sorry - to the "won't be available in Chrome as part of the "(desktop app required)" extension

• @davetherave112,

Correct, it will not be coming to that extension.

• davetherave112
    davetherave112
    Community Member

@rudy - late follow up question: I would like to switch over to the 1PasswordX Chrome extension (now called just "1Password Extension"), but the only downside is then I can't use my Mac's touch ID.

I know the safari counterpart extension allows touchID, are there plans for the chrome extension to support touchID as well?

• @davetherave112

1Password in the browser had the feature late and late last year it was removed for a code update. I hope to see it return. As you can imagine we all use it a lot. Here is a link from one of our founds on what the future holds. I hope it helps.

https://1password.community/discussion/115228/temporarily-removing-desktop-app-integration/p1

This discussion has been closed.