Privacy.com integration

Does the Privacy.com integration allow for the $x per transaction limit like is available natively through Privacy.com, or are the only options a single use or a spend limit over a given time?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @plttn ,

I'm not quite sure I understand your question here, so please correct me if my answer misses its mark:
    You can control the payment's amount and type (one time payment or a reoccurring payment) when you create a new virtual credit card in 1Password X. That data is being updated in your privacy.com account.

If you create a new virtual card with a reoccurring payment every one month and save it in 1Password, the card's details (number, pin, cvv) are all saved in your 1Password as a new credit card item, and the payment information for the service provider you're paying to is saved in privacy.com. That credit card can only be used for that specific service provider and will not work anywhere else.

Does that answer your question?

• plttn
    plttn
    Community Member

Not quite.

With the Privacy.com extension or the website as shown here:

I can select the max amount allowed for a single transaction, but that card will work multiple times.

If I generate a card through 1PWx:

I only have the spend per unit time limit or single use, but not the spend per transaction limit.

• mrbeign
    mrbeign
    Community Member
    edited September 2020

It sounds like the "Once" option in 1Password is the same as the "per transaction" option on the Privacy extension and 1password doesn't have an option to create a "single-use" card (a card that auto-closes once a single transaction is done on it)

The "once" option should probably be renamed as it is confusing. It is almost making it sound like it's an option to create a single use card when it is really an option to create a limit per transaction.

Edit: Actually I just tested this, I was incorrect. As @plttn points out, selecting "Once" does create a single card with a set limit. There isn't an option to create a card with a per transaction limit. That would be a very helpful option to add.

It might make it easier for people that are already familiar with creating privacy cards through privacy to match their naming. Make options such as "single-use", "per transaction", and "total" and change Frequency to Spend Limit.

• nickmcguire
    nickmcguire
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2020

Heya! 👋🏼

At the moment, we haven't exposed the "Transaction" option. "Once" will create a single use card, where the other options will create the expected Privacy option.

I'll bring it up to the team for something to look at!

• Hey all! It's been about a month now, but I just wanted to let you know that we added the option of a per-transaction limit in the 1.24.0 release of 1Password in the browser. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.