Small Privacy card bug

As a 1password and Privacy user I'm really excited to see integration. I just tried it out, pretty neat concept.

Just one thing I noticed though. When I create a card using the 1password extension and have it automatically added to my vault it always notes the card type of Visa in my 1Password vault. Sometime with Privacy when I create new cards they get created as Mastercard (the last two I created today while tested things out with the integration were Mastercard). But in my vault they were are labelled as Visa, I had to manually change them. Not a huge issue, since when autofilling most sites these days don't ask for card type.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.22.1
OS Version: MacOS 10.15.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• nickmcguire
    nickmcguire
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2020

Heya @mr_beign,

Thank you for the report! I'm gonna file an issue so we can get this fixed up!

I'm happy to hear that it's been working well for you so far otherwise 🎉

ref: dev/core/core#2908

• mrbeign
    mrbeign
    Community Member

Sounds good! Thanks @nickmcguire

• nickmcguire
    nickmcguire
    1Password Alumni

We've made a change to better handle non-Visa based credit card types which will included with the next version. I hope the new integration has been working well for you! 🦾

• j_son
    j_son
    Community Member

Hello! I'm on 1.22.2 now and just generated a card - it got stored as "Visa" even though the number started with a 5 (mastercard)

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @j_son ,
    Thanks for letting us know. We'll look into it and get back to you if we need more info!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Seems like the fix didn’t make it to the last update, but will most likely reach the next update!

• jd_lewin
    jd_lewin
    1Password Alumni

Aloha @j_son,

You should find the fix for this issue in our latest stable release, v1.23.0

🤙🏻🌴🌺

This discussion has been closed.