7.7b8 has interrupting dialog for updater

Options
robchandhok
robchandhok
Community Member
edited September 2020 in Mac

At least once a day I now get the modal dialog proclaiming that I am running the latest version of 1Password. I have auto-update turned on, so that's fine, but when it is up to date and I haven't manually asked to check, don't throw up a dialog that I have to dismiss.

This could be related to a problem that has gone away where the update kept failing, about 3 times in a row, before properly updating to 7.7b8.

Maybe just me, is there a place the updater communicates with the main app that could need to be reset?

1Password Version: 7.7b8
Extension Version: 1.22.4
OS Version: OX X 10.15.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @robchandhok!

I don't think I have ever seen this in the latest beta, but I wonder if refreshing things might help. Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Do you keep seeing this prompts now?

• robchandhok
    robchandhok
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana , thanks for the suggestion. Did as you suggested yesterday, and having had a message since. I do think saying "right-click" to a Mac user was very funny though :-) ....

thanks for the help. Now if I could just unlock with TouchID in the browser again ......

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@robchandhok:

I do think saying "right-click" to a Mac user was very funny though :-) ....

I have found that it's the only way that does not require any additional explanation, to users of every technical level :)

Now if I could just unlock with TouchID in the browser again ......

Soon! Our developers are working on bringing the integration back :+1:

This discussion has been closed.