Hi, need to chat with someone as I can't log in

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Hi, need help logging in

Comments

• Hi @IgnacioGermade

We don't offer 'chat,' per se, but we'd be happy to help. Do you have a 1Password membership? If so, are you able to sign in at https://start.1password.com/? What is it that is preventing you from logging in? Please let me know.

Ben

• IgnacioGermade
    IgnacioGermade
    Community Member

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. I do have a membership and I know my password but don't have a Secret Key. I have followed the instructions to try to get it but I always end up being asked to log in (which I can't because I dont have the secret key :)

• @IgnacioGermade

I see; thanks. Have you previously added your 1Password account to any of the 1Password apps on any of your devices? Or, are there any web browsers where you've signed into your account and the cache hasn't been cleared? If so, you may be able to retrieve your Secret Key there.

Please let me know.

Ben

• IgnacioGermade
    IgnacioGermade
    Community Member

The answer is no to both I am afraid

• Gotcha. Okay, well, there are a couple other places we might find it. Do you recall where you signed up for your account? Was it in a web browser on a computer, or inside one of the 1Password apps? If it was in a web browser then your Emergency Kit should've been downloaded as part of the signup process. This document would contain the Secret Key. If you think you may have signed up that way please check the downloads folder on that device. If you signed up in one of the apps, and if you have iCloud Keychain turned on, then the key should've been synced via iCloud Keychain. Do you have iCloud Keychain turned on?

Ben

• IgnacioGermade
    IgnacioGermade
    Community Member

I am sure I cleared my downloads folder : /

• IgnacioGermade
    IgnacioGermade
    Community Member

I have also checked on iCloud

• @IgnacioGermade

Thank you for the additional information. I wish I had further suggestions but those are the only places I can think of where you might find the Secret Key. Without the key it would not be possible to decrypt the data you've stored in 1Password. If ultimately you're unable to come up with the Secret Key, the recourse would be to delete the account and start over. You can delete the account here:

https://my.1password.com/support

Once you've done so you can create a new account:

https://1password.com/sign-up/

If you had any credit remaining on the deleted account our billing team can help get that moved over to the new account. They can be reached by email at support@1password.com. I do apologize that we weren't able to help you find any copies of the Secret Key. To avoid this situation in the future I'd highly recommend printing and safely storing a physical copy of your Emergency Kit:

Get to know your Emergency Kit

I hope that's helpful.

Ben

• IgnacioGermade
    IgnacioGermade
    Community Member
    edited September 2020

Thanks Ben. I have deleted the account and started a new one using a different email ([personal information removed by moderator]) directly on my phone. The issue is that when I left the app to change the password settings, when I went back it did not recognised my master password... Today is obviously not my day.
    I sent a message for help and I got an email from a robot [#ZSC-77547-695] Error+during+sign+up
    Anything you can do on that front would be appreciated.
    Ignacio

• @IgnacioGermade

I apologize this has become such a process. I will check out your email ticket here shortly and at a minimum get it in front of the right people. :+1:

Ben

ref: ZSC-77547-695

This discussion has been closed.