Shared Vault Won't Sync To My Account

jadealfitz
jadealfitz
Community Member
edited September 2020 in Families

I have a private 1Pass account that is shared with my family in which I am the administrator. The company I work for also uses 1Pass to share logins and other items internally but for this account our boss only gives us access to a single .opvault that we each sync to our accounts.

I was able to get vault to save all current data to my account but now when anyone adds any logins or if I try to add logins to the work vault none of that syncs with my company. I am able to see the items I add but my colleagues are not able to see them on their end. Also when a colleague adds a login on their end I cannot see that in my account. How can I sync this vault seamlessly without having the log-in credentials to the work account as my boss does not wish to share that with the company?

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 11, Mac OS 10.15, Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Sync Shared Vault

Comments

• Hey @jadealfitz

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

but for this account our boss only gives us access to a single .opvault that we each sync to our accounts.

This isn't a configuration we support. An OPVault is intended for an individual user to sync their data between their devices. It isn't intended for multiple people to be sharing. The way to share 1Password data in a business is with a 1Password Business membership. With that, each team member would have their own credentials to log in, and then there are a whole host of vault-level permissions that can be applied (e.g. perhaps some users should only be able to read the vault but not be able to change the contents).

I'd encourage you to have your boss reach out to our business team at business@1password.com so we can discuss specifics on how to move forward. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.